
While those in the eastern US are enjoying the more positive aspects of global warming, we westerners are encased in ice. It's about 10 degrees outside and should hit zero by midnight.
Today, however, it was much warmer: low 20s, sun shining, relatively clean air. So I went for a ride while Jaymi and Max went shopping. We arrived home at the exact same time (really), which turned out to be a convenient photo opp.
Today's destination was the Cows loop (so named because it passes cow pasture north of the airport. I do like cows.) Didn't actually make it that far due to frozen ears and a late start, but you can click the above link to view the regular route. Slick, ey? This all made possible by the Garmin Edge 305 GPS-based cycling computer, which is just about the coolest thing I've ever purchased. In addition to recording my exact coordinates on Earth with every pedal stroke, it keeps track of my heart rate and cadence. Unfortunately I rode sans-Garmin today, so the above link will show you a ride from August 8th of 2006 (which happens to be the last day I rode this particular Cows route before favoring the more interesting Emigration Canyon and Wasatch Loop.)

No comments:
Post a Comment